What does a University Ambassador do?
The University Ambassadors are more than just campus tour guides at Ohio State--they are a diverse group of ENTHUSIASTIC students who represent The Ohio State University. Ambassadors have the following responsibilites:
- Lead campus tours for prospective high school students and their families,
as well as for other constituencies
- Lead campus tours for school group field trips, community organizations,
and early college outreach groups
- Represent the university in other capacities, such as escorting dignitaries and serving on student panels
- Assist with administrative work within Undergraduate Admissions and First Year Experience
Ambassadors must have ability for two tours per week and for two Saturdays per semester. Campus tours typically last for 90 minutes, but other work is needed before and after the tour. Ambassadors are needed at the following times for tour responsibilities:
- Daily from 9:30 a.m. to noon
- Daily from 1:30 to 4 p.m.
- Fridays from 11 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
When do we hire?
The next hiring cycle will be for summer term 2013. The application is due May 6 by 5 p.m. Students must be available to tour beginning in late June through early August. Students who are not in Columbus for May Session can apply.
View the information session powerpoint presentation: ambassadors.osu.edu/info-session-notes.pptx.
The hiring process
Hiring for the University Ambassador team is a multi-step process.
- Students submit online applications that are then evaluated by the University Ambassador leadership team.
- Selected students from the written application pool are called back and offered a group interview.
- Following the group interview stage, selected students are called back for the final individual interview stage.
- After the individual interviews, final selections and offers to the team are made.
Timeline for hiring and selections
Questions? Contact the following:
Online application available: April 25
Online application submission deadline: May 6 at 5 p.m.
Notification of group interviews: May 16
Group interviews: May 20-22
Notification of individual interviews: May 23
Individual interviews: May 28-31
Final decisions: May 31
Training week (subject to change): June 17-21
- University Ambassadors and Hosts Office: (614) 292-8299
- Ebony Smith, program coordinator: (614) 292-3383
- Nidhi Lahoti, program assistant: (614) 292-3501
- E-mail email@example.com
Monday, May 6, by 5 p.m.
Want to learn more? Send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org to be added to our mailing list.